The Mustard Tree Foundation partners with local communities, charities, and statutory organisations to identify and address unmet needs among the most vulnerable and marginalised in our society. As a charity with a Christian ethos the projects we generate are inspired by our faith. Therefore, they are designed to serve all sections of our diverse community without discrimination.
The main projects at present are:
- Engage – Reducing isolation and loneliness by developing positive relationships and networks in our community.
- Rahab – Identifying, supporting and empowering anyone affected by sexual exploitation.
- Starting Point – Providing mentoring and creating opportunities for young people aged 11-25 who face disadvantage.
The Board is responsible for setting the strategy and policies of The Mustard Tree and guiding and supporting the Chief Executive and team. The charity is going through a period of growth and change. We are looking for Trustees who can help us in this transition, and use their skills and experience to help us build on ours, ensuring we achieve the best impact. We are particularly looking to recruit people who have practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of the issues that we seek to address. Including social isolation, marginalisation, and disadvantage.
- Finance management and planning
- Marketing or communications
- Personnel management
We are keen to encourage Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants who are currently underrepresented on our board. Our Trustees must be Christians with an active faith who will embed our ethos and values into the organisation. We believe in the power of prayer to transform situations and so spend time at our meetings praying together.
Other opportunities with The Mustard Tree Foundation
Read more about The Mustard Tree Foundation