Connecting Communities in Berkshire’s (CCB’s) vision is for all communities in Berkshire to be strong, resilient, sustainable, and able to take control of their own futures. Our purpose is to inspire action at a community level that improves people’s quality of life.
We work across Berkshire, with a particular focus on rural areas. We run projects that;
- provide advice, support and training that improves rural health & wellbeing,
- reduces poverty & rural disadvantage
- increases digital inclusion & social connectedness.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals that have an interest in working to improve community life in Berkshire to join our Board of Trustees. This is a non-remunerated post however out of pocket expenses are payable. We are particularly interested to hear from people that have a financial background or experience in human resources, or someone interested in poverty issues or someone that loves networking and meeting new people.
Lots of skills to choose from! Think you might be interested?
The benefits of becoming a Trustee on our board include an opportunity to learn more about the most important issues affecting people living in rural communities, experiencing great team work with a stable staff and trustee team working together and developmental in that you can build new connecting and confidence.
Our Board of trustees provides a strategic overview of CCB’s service development and delivery. They are also responsible for ensuring the financial stability of the organisation.
The statutory duties of a trustee are:
- Understanding and acceptance of legal duties as a member of the Board of Trustees
- To ensure that CCB complies with its governing documents, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that CCB pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure CCB uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects;
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to CCB, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets & evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of CCB
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of CCB
Read more about Connecting Communities in Berkshire (CCB)