We are a small charity, registered with the Charity Commission, providing education for social and environmental justice to the general public and also education for Green Economics and Reform of Economics. We are now in the position of needing voluntary assistance with fundraising for the charity.
As a charity fundraiser, you will aim to increase the contributions of individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources. You will be organised and be able to network since success in the role depends heavily on being able to forge positive relationships with supporters.
You will have strong ICT skills and a working knowledge of GDPR.
- Raise awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels
- Increase funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities
- Research prospective donors
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Identify and contact potential donors
- Use online platforms to raise donations; write applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors
- Organize campaigns or events to solicit donations
- Maintain records of donor information; manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
- Maintain contact with existing donors
You will mainly work from home. We estimate this work will need the equivalent of one day a week.
Other opportunities with Green Economics Institute Trust
Read more about Green Economics Institute Trust