ShelterBox works with people around the world who have been driven from their homes by conflict or terrible events like floods, earthquakes, or typhoons. By providing tents, tarpaulins, tools, and household essentials, we can give people a safe, private space where they can begin to re-build their lives.
We want everyone to know about the ever-increasing millions of people made homeless, and the work we do. Could you be the voice of ShelterBox in your community? We are looking for volunteers who enjoy meeting people and making connections in their local community. It is a flexible role, which you can shape according to your skills and time commitment.
These are some of the things you can do as a ShelterBox Ambassador (we’re not expecting anyone to do all of them!).
- Speaker engagements – Delivering at least 8 talks a year, to a wide variety of audiences including schools, universities, and community groups
- Supporting our fundraising campaigns
- Receiving cheques and donations from local groups
- Holding/ transporting and occasionally accompanying our Demo ShelterBoxes at local events
- Reaching out to community groups to offer them opportunity of in person and virtual talks
- Promoting the work of ShelterBox through use of social media channels by sharing content across your network and working with our digital team to create your own content if you wish
- Seasonal/ad hoc fundraising using your own community insight to support a calendar of exciting activities and in response to times of major disaster
Read more about ShelterBox