To be the first point of contact for First Days enquiries, in a number of formats. To manage these enquiries and when appropriate be able to make the judgment to refer the enquiry on to the appropriate person/department.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Answering the phone and managing enquiries
- Social media usage, answering Facebook enquiries
- Responding to email enquiries and forwarding them to the relevant department
- Answering the doorbell to visitors and accepting donations
- Acting as a positive representative of First Days
- Ensure the working environment is kept clean and safe
Contact person firstname
Naomi Brown, Volunteer Manager
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
01189 219 338
Location address line 1
First Days, Unit 9
The Business Centre
Molly Millars Lane
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Additional timing details
A 4 hour shift, according to your availability
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedHappy to work soloPrecise and methodicalDecisiveSociablePatientCommunicator
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Role induction and mandatory health & safety training
Is support given?
Description of support
Support from staff and volunteer meetings
Are expenses paid?
Description of expenses
Travel expenses to get to First Days site
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
20 May 2021
Read more about First Days