Role: Ethical Reading Director – Volunteer Role
We are looking for seasoned, hands-on, dynamic senior leaders who are passionate about the role of ethics in business and broader society and wants to make a difference locally. We are looking to extend the leadership team and are seeking people interested in becoming a Board Director to help us grow and develop to the next stage.
Ethical Reading exists to help organisations in Reading and their teams do the right thing by each other, the wider community and the environment and to thrive in the process. It is all about encouraging people to take a compassionate, respectful and responsible approach when making decisions at every level from the board room to everyday interactions.
As this is a volunteer role, it may be particularly suited to a retired senior professional / senior manager or someone working part-time. The successful candidate will join as a volunteer and work alongside the existing team. Nomination to the Board is dependent on engagement and performance over a jointly agreed period.
As a Board Director your work will include the following activities:
- Strategic planning
- Proposing, leading and developing programmes and initiatives
- Managing budgets and forecasting
- Liaising with the our partners, supporters and collaborators at CxO level
- Business development
- Managing volunteers
- Using social media to spread key messages
- Volunteer induction and coaching
- Regular meetings with “buddy” Director
- Training on Ethical Reading (Microsoft) systems
- Volunteers monthly meeting and monthly “Friday drinks”
Skills & Experience Required:
- Seasoned senior manager with 15+ years management experience
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Understanding of the role ethics plays in business life
- Comfortable using a PC, and online office tools including email.
- 20+ hours per week
Other opportunities with Ethical Reading
Read more about Ethical Reading