We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support our experienced Front of House team in providing a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors, ensuring they have a fantastic museum experience.
Why volunteer at the River & Rowing Museum?
Contribute to the work of a Museum with a diverse programme of exhibitions and events, and a nationally important permanent collection.
Build transferable skills and gain valuable work experience within the culture and heritage sector.
Be part of a friendly and supportive team.
What you will be doing:
- Give a friendly welcome to all visitors.
- Assist visitors in navigating the Museums Covid-19 procedures.
- Signpost visitors to museum resources that will enhance their visit.
- Carry out light cleaning duties to ensure a Covid-19 secure environment.
- Assist the Front of House team in carrying out the evacuation procedure.
- Answer visitor questions and feedback visitor comments to the Duty Managers.
- Oversee visitors in temporary exhibitions to ensure that spaces are kept tidy and that visitors have a great experience.
Afternoon volunteer session: 12.45 - 16.00
Other opportunities with River & Rowing Museum
Read more about River & Rowing Museum