Support volunteers to work alongside Horticultural Therapists, helping people with physical disabilities, mental health issues and learning difficulties. The role involves:
- Supporting clients to carry out gardening activities, under the supervision of the Horticultural Therapists
- Enable and encourage clients
- Develop and maintain a relationship of trust with clients, Ridgeline staff and other volunteers
- Listen to clients, observe and acknowledge their progress, and contribute to Horticultural Therapists’ evaluation
- Report any concerns to Ridgeline staff, including potential safeguarding issues
- Join in group social interaction during breaks
- Assist in preparing before sessions and tidying/cleaning tools after sessions
- Be prepared to be flexible, depending on client numbers at a session
- Optionally, assist at public events, e.g. plant sales, harvest fete
The role suits someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has empathy with people with a range of disabilities and mental health issues
- Has an interest in gardening and working outdoors
- Can maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Can commit to approximately 3 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
Contact person firstname
Siân Hooley, Development Manager
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
07535 636 018
Please email, and we aim to respond within 5 working days
Location address line 1
Ridgeline Trust Therapeutic Garden
25 Whiteknights Road
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Additional timing details
We want to expand our Tuesday afternoon team, but are also interested in hearing from people who are available at other times.
Gardening / Outdoor work
Will suit someone like this:
Likes team workSociablePatientEnjoys working outside
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Horticultural Therapists provide on the job training
Is support given?
Description of support
Are expenses paid?
Description of expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
26 August 2021
Other opportunities with Ridgeline Trust
Read more about Ridgeline Trust