- To assist in and share with the volunteer Treasurer the overall financial management and control of the Credit Union.
- To deputise and cover all aspects of the Treasurer role in the event of absence.
With the assistance of the paid Finance Officer, production of monthly management accounts.
Complete quarterly regulatory return to the Bank of England.
Improve financial controls and checks.
- Experienced finance professional preferably qualified.
- Use of SAGE or similar General Ledger.
- Logical thinker able to understand complex information.
- Able to work independently and remotely.
- Analytical, numerate and high attention to detail.
- Objective, rational and decisive.
- Effective communicator.
Who to contact:
E-mail a copy of your CV and a short covering letter to Annabelle Linthwaite at 62 Portman Road, West Reading, RG30 1EA, Tel: 0118 9585803, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We make every effort to make sure that our volunteers’ skills are matched with the work that they do for us at Berkshire Credit Union. Job satisfaction is important so tasks are always done in negotiation with volunteers recognizing their skills and qualifications. For this reason we judge every application on its own merit.
Interviews are arranged as necessary.
We ask all of our volunteers to open a savings account with us with a minimum of £10.00 in it: we feel this is a way to demonstrate equality with our members and allows you to take part in benefits that we offer.
Location: 62 Portman Road, Reading, RG30 1EA and remote
Hours: We ask all our volunteers to contribute a minimum commitment of 4 hours a week.
Read more about Berkshire Credit Union