Skip to content
Telephone and video befriending
- Engage Befriending is offering befriending to Reading people over 18. You will be matched with someone who is right for you, and who will call you once or twice a week for an informal chat about things that interest you. If you are or a relative of yours is living alone, and would like someone to call once a week during this difficult time, please contact them on 0118 956 7000, when asked select option 2 and leave a message. The answering machine is being checked regularly and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Age UK Berkshire. For more information about telephone befriending, please contact Age UK Berkshire on 0118 959 4242 or email@example.com.
- Age UK Reading For more information about telephone befriending, please contact Age UK on 0118 950 2480 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.. The Alzheimer’s Society offers a peer support service for people with dementia.
- For people with life-limiting conditions, who are thought to be in the last year of their lives
Sue Ryder – Duchess of Kent House befriending scheme.
- For people with physical disabilities, to enjoy hobbies, interests and activities of their choosing
- For young families going through hard times