It is our aim to help and assist blind and partially sighted people in Reading to provide leisure and recreational facilities and to work for the improvement of the quality of their lives. To this end we offer handicraft clubs, social activities, a resource and information centre and a home visiting service. Our opening hours are Tuesdays 9am to 3pm, Wednesdays 9am to 3pm and Fridays 9am to 3pm.
Home visiting service for registered blind and partially sighted people living in Reading Borough.
Aids to daily living such as talking watches and clocks, liquid level indicators, bumpons, etc. can be inspected and purchased.
RAB offers support and social activities for people living with sight loss in Reading. Our Outreach team help access services and specialist equipment as well as providing advice. Our Activities team organise a range of fun social, physical and craft activities. We rely on volunteers to support our work and particularly welcome volunteers with lived experience of sight loss.
A charitable company limited by guarantee, Reading Association for the Blind’s roots go back to 1883 but the Association in its present form dates from 1926.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Help our members take part in Arts & Crafts activities!
- Looking for Kitchen Volunteers for our Social Club
- We need helpers at our Social Club for the Blind
- Do you have a background in domestic or commercial building work? Help us plan improvements to our community building!
- Join us helping people with Sightloss feel less lonely during lockdown!