We are a traditional credit union, which is a not-for-profit, regulated financial cooperative run by our members for the members, providing saving opportunities and affordable loans to members. We aim to help financial inclusion for all and help to beat the payday lenders. Our ethos is about encouraging thrift and stopping people getting into financial difficulties.
4 hours per day, Monday to Friday based around core CU business hours, current timing – Monday to Thursday between 9.30am and 2.30pm, Friday 10am to 2pm.
Principle duties include
- Accounting for member’s savings and loans.
- Loan officer (training will be given).
- Accounting and reporting for Berkshire Moneywise (sister charity).
- General office management.
- Membership service absence cover and support when required.
- Qualified to AAT level 2 equivalent (minimum).
- Experience of practical bookkeeping, batch processing and bank reconciliations.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Well organised, very accurate, methodical and process driven.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Computer literate with hands-on experience of Microsoft Office and standard accountancy software (e.g. Sage or equivalent).
- Must be prepared to be an integral part of a small multi-disciplined team that provides mutual cover.
See our website for submission instructions and a full Job Description. You must submit a detailed CV together with a covering letter highlighting relevant experience. Initial interviews will be held over the first two weeks of March. Phone for an informal discussion with the current Finance Officer, if required