Family Choices is a 25 week programme aimed at addressing abusive behaviour for those who have acknowledged the abuse and demonstrated a desire to change. The programme aims to hold perpetrators of domestic abuse to account whilst exploring the impact their behaviour has on survivors and children. It also aims to support individuals to reduce incidents of abuse and help develop skills and strategies to engage in healthy non-abusive relationships.
The role involves working with male and female perpetrators of domestic abuse, both in 1:1 sessions and a group capacity. You will explore the impact that being in an abusive relationship has on partners and children and deliver a psychoeducational intervention for those who perpetrate abuse. Delivery of training and awareness raising are also requirements.
You will have established experience of providing domestic abuse interventions to either survivors or perpetrators and experience working directly with a wide range of people in a service provider role. You must be a strong team player, an active and empathetic listener, able to form working relationships quickly and work within professional boundaries.
For the above vacancy, the ideal candidate will have experience of working in a confidential and safeguarding environment, and have an understanding of domestic abuse and its impact on families.
- This role is open to both male and female applicants.
- Please note that the closing date for this post is open. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited. Please disregard the closing date given below.
- To apply please download an application form and full job description from our website.
- For further information, please contact Info@bwaid.org.uk or call 0118 950 0182
- Closing date: Open. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited.