We are pleased to announce that we will be re-establishing our popular Volunteer Management training offer via Zoom this Autumn. Our Volunteer Management training aims to arm you with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively; engage, recruit, integrate and retain volunteers to help further your groups work.
We have split what we would normally cover in a full day training into two parts, Effective Recruitment (09:30-11:30 am) and Keeping it Legal (1-3pm).
The Effective Recruitment section will cover:
- What to consider before involving volunteers in your work.
- Developing a role description.
- Promoting opportunities effectively.
- Initial response and selection process.
The Keep it Legal section will include:
- The legal status of volunteers including how to deal with expenses.
- Eligibility to volunteer, involving oversees volunteers and those in receipt of state benefits.
- Top tips for your Volunteer Policy and Agreement.
- Defining and maintaining boundaries in volunteer roles.
- What type of insurance you need.
- What to do when things go wrong – volunteer problem-solving procedures.
The session will also touch on the impact that the Covid-19 outbreak has had in involving volunteers.
You can choose to attend either one or both of the sessions, see booking details below.
Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited to anyone who has responsibility for overseeing the work of volunteers, either as a Volunteer Manager or as part of a more wide reaching role. In very small and completely volunteer-led organisations this may even be somebody on the committee.
RVA supports Reading’s Voluntary and Community Sector, therefore this course is primarily open to organisations delivering voluntary and community services in Reading. If you do not offer services in Reading, please contact us before booking, and we may be able to add you to the waiting list.
The session will be co-delivered by Reading Voluntary Action’s Advice Worker Herjeet Randhawa and Volunteering Development Manager Steve Hendry, both of whom have extensive experience of providing advice and support in the area of volunteer management and governance.
Cost and what is included
The cost per session is £12.50 and includes materials. Please book via Eventbrite