Why attend trustee training?
Trustees play an essential role in our society, making our charity sector work. It’s a hugely rewarding role but it’s not always easy to get all the information you require to be sure you are carrying out your role as effectively as possible. This training will help give you an overview of what’s expected of trustees as well as providing a networking opportunity with your fellow trustees from the area.
Outcomes of this training are:
- To better understand your role and legal responsibilities as a trustee
- To understand how this role fits with other roles in the charity
- To understand your reporting responsibilities
- To know where to go for help and support
- To feel confident in being an active member of your Board / Committee and helping to achieve your charities purposes!
To achieve this we will cover:
- Introduction: ‘Trustee’, ‘Charity’ and legal structures
- Trustee roles and responsibilities: 6 Main Legal Duties
- Policies and Procedures: Which ones? Why do they matter?
- Accounting & Reporting – the essentials
- Essential resources and links to help you on your way (Tools)
Who should attend?
The training is suitable for new and existing trustees. In some small community groups you may refer to yourselves as the Committee. If you have overall responsibility for your community group, then this course is for you.
Please note our training is primarily for Trustees of voluntary and community groups who operate services in Reading. These sessions are popular so please contact us first if your group is out of area as we may need to add you to the waiting list.
Places are limited to a maximum of 4 people from one organisation to ensure you have the opportunity to interact with trustees from other organisations too. If you wish to book more than 4 places please contact us in advance. We hold these sessions quarterly.
This course will be delivered by Reading Voluntary Action’s Advice Service Manager, Herjeet Randhawa. Herjeet has a background in Law and charity management and also helps groups to attain the Safe and Sound Quality Award in good governance in charities.
The session runs from 5.15-7.45pm with a short comfort break midway through the session. Cost £10.
Please book through the link below