Are you new to being a treasurer of a registered charity in Reading, or considering taking on the role? If so, this training is for you. RVA can also help match you to a volunteer treasurer role if you are not yet volunteering in a role.
Please note that if you are a smaller community group, then the Basic Bookkeeping training on 24 September may be more appropriate for you; you can find further information about that course here.
Aims of the workshop
- To build an understanding of the role of a treasurer in a small voluntary organisation
- To ensure the ability to deal with the specifics of the finances of a small voluntary organisation
- To give confidence about the issues that are likely to be faced by a treasurer of a small voluntary organisation.
The content covered will be tailored depending on the needs of delegates on the day. However typically attendees will:
- Understand their financial responsibilities as trustees
- Understand the particular requirements for the accounts of a small voluntary organisation
- Be aware of governance issues facing small voluntary organisations
- Be ready to resolve issues with record keeping and know where to get help if they need it
- Be able to determine if the organisation they volunteer with needs an audit or independent examination of their accounts
Who should attend
The training session will be open to up to 12 delegates. It will be aimed primarily at volunteer Treasurers of registered charities in Reading, but will also be suitable for volunteers who are stepping up to the role. If your charity does not provide services in Reading, please contact us in advance of booking.
Post course support
Each delegate will be entitled to up to one hour’s post course email support to follow up issues covered on the course.
The course will be delivered by Rachel Eden of Holy Brook Associates. Rachel is a qualified accountant and member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. She has delivered a wide range of technical training for accountants and for the voluntary sector.
Cost and delivery
We have secured a reduced rate of £40 for Reading based charities and community groups. The training will be delivered online via Webex. Joining instructions will be provided after booking.