All voluntary and community groups have a duty to keep their service users safe from harm. This training is for anyone who works or volunteers for a community group or charity in Reading where services are delivered to or they come into contact with vulnerable adults.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe circumstances that can make adults vulnerable to abuse
- Recognise possible indicators of abuse
- Respond in line with the safeguarding procedures if abuse is found or suspected
- Report and record appropriately
- Recognise your duty of care to safeguard adults
- Understand the importance of professional boundaries and the consequences of breach.
This training has been adapted for the voluntary and community sector and is accredited by Reading Borough Council. This training will be delivered by our accredited associate trainer, Liz Bailey.