Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) and Adult Social care is providing free training for all those involved in the care of adults in the community. It lays down the minimum recommendations for the protection of adults at risk from fire.
It is recognised that there are many considerations to be taken into account when planning a care package to allow someone to continue to live in the community with extra support to ensure their safety and wellbeing. If fire safety is not considered and the correct protection measures are not put in place then the person may not be safe in their home. They will be at the greatest possible risk should a fire occur.
This training package is designed to enable you to work with Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service to protect vulnerable adults living in the community from the risks of fire. It has been designed for use by:
- Domiciliary care workers
- Adult Social Care staff
- Staff in any other organisation involved in care of people in their own homes
The aims of this training package are to highlight:
- The increased risk of fire to vulnerable adults living in their own homes
- Who is more at risk
- The protection measures and additional equipment that is available
- When to make a referral to the Fire Service
- How to make a referral to the Fire Service
Venue: Newsham Court, Pincents Kiln, Calcot, Reading RG31 7SD
Parking is available within the Ikea car park.
If you have 8 or more people from the same company contact email@example.com for a bespoke event.