Are you a Health Care Professional, Local Authority Commissioner, NHS Link Worker or work in the field of health, education or social care?
If so, then come along to this online conference hosted by the Reading Gardening for Health and Wellbeing Network to hear from service users and academic experts about the beneficial impacts of gardening and being in nature.
This is an important opportunity for those looking at how nature-based interventions can be considered alongside other types of therapies for people with long-term health conditions, disabilities, or mental health support needs.
3pm – 5.15pm presentations from:
- Dr William Bird MBE, GP in Reading, CEO and Founder of Intelligent Health Ltd. ‘How can nature improve our health and wellbeing?’
- Dr Aileen K Ho, Associate Professor, University of Reading. ‘Generating wellbeing – slowing down and going green’
- Maya Butler, Regional Health and Environmental Lead for the South East, Natural England, the Government’s Adviser for the natural environment in England. ‘An overview of the recognition of nature-based interventions for people with long term conditions and mental health’
- Presentations from Service Users: Tanya Gaffon (Food4Families), Sally Brown (Ridgeline Trust), Carly Field (Thrive)
- Panel discussion and Q&A hosted by Annabelle Padwick, Founder of Life at No. 27, a successful freelance writer, blogger, vlogger, speaker and radio personality who uses her fresh approach to promote the magic of gardening.
- Book your place via the Eventbrite link below.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.