Free training for teachers and support staff from state-funded schools
The national Global Teacher Award promotes skills, confidence and practical approaches to incorporate global learning into the curriculum, and active global citizenship into the school. It covers:
- Global Concepts – exploring the fundamentals of global learning.
- Perspectives – questioning pupils’ and teachers’ assumptions.
- Approaches to Learning – developing critical thinking skills.
- Applying learning – in the classroom, the curriculum and beyond.
- Measuring change – tools for evaluating impact.
Endorsed by Oxfam and now approved by the British Council for Delivery Within Connecting Classrooms Through Global Learning, this 6-hour intermediate course for the Global Teacher Award is currently offered across the country free to schools and their teachers with funding from the British Council Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning programme.
“A complete change of perspective in the way I teach” – participant feedback on the impact of the Global Teacher Award on their teaching.