Does your voluntary or community group need funding for a specific project?
The National Lottery Community Fund funding officer for Reading will be offering one-to-one sessions to Reading voluntary and community groups on Thursday 27 June 2019 at the RVA offices, on the Third Floor of the Central Library.
At your one-to-one, you will have the have the opportunity to canvas your idea for funding, whether it is for an existing service or an idea about a new service or activity. Please note that the National Lottery Community Fund funding officer cannot help you fill in the application form, but will give you general guidance and tips.
Top Tips! Have a think about the following ahead of your appointment:
- Are you an existing group and do you have a constitution? Do you have at least three unconnected trustees on your Committee or Board?
- What is the need for your service? Have you looked at similar services in Reading? Is there an overlap, are you working in partnership or are you providing something new? Is there a demand locally for this service? How do you know this?
- What is the benefit to the people who will receive your service? Try to think of this in terms of outcomes, such as reduced loneliness or increased mental well-being.
- How will your activities help achieve this outcome? What specifically are you wanting to provide, where will this take place and how often? How will you know if your project has been successful?
- How much funding are you looking for? Have you put together a budget to go with your activities for this project?
- If you are working with children or vulnerable adults, have you thought about keeping them safe? Do you have a safeguarding procedure?
Please come prepared with your answers to the above, this will help you to get the most from your one-to-one session. If you need help with developing any procedures, such as safeguarding, finances, or volunteer agreements, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This event is limited to Reading-based charities and community groups. More than one person may attend the session, but please only book one session per organisation. Please select your preferred slot from the drop-down list when you register.
If you do not provide services in Reading, please do not book a space – but you are welcome to contact us to be added to the waiting list in the event a slot becomes available.
If you are unable to attend, please cancel as soon as possible to enable someone else to have your space.