This 5-week course is aimed at birth parents/families of children affected by trauma through adverse childhood experiences like domestic violence, family break-up, bereavement, parental mental health issues and/or substance misuse. It has attachment theory underpinning all modules.
Dates and times
This course runs on Thursday mornings between 9.30am and 12pm on the following dates: 25 February, and 4, 11, 18 and 25 March.
Topics covered include:
- Impact of trauma
- Symptom overlap with ASD/ADHD
- Building blocks of Attachment
- Therapeutic Parenting
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Life story work
- Secondary trauma to carers
Further information and booking
- Cost: £50 per person.
- Please note that we require 7 days notice of cancellation to provide a refund.
- Please click here to book via Eventbrite.
- This course is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and will be facilitated by PSC specialist parenting practitioners Zobia Kalim and Nuala Hemphill.
- Read more on the PSC website.
- Zoom will ask you to register/sign in to the event so please allow time for this before it starts. The event link will be in your Eventbrite registration confirmation email – click the red event button. Please check your junk folder!
- We will be using the Chat function to allow you to ask questions during the course. The events are best viewed on a PC or laptop. Please have the latest version of Zoom installed. You can download the software here: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting