Your Digital Family is a new online quiz event, helping families enjoy a more positive digital life. If you are affiliated to the Connection Coalition, you can receive training, tools and support to host this event in your community, plus £1,000 in funding for you to take part.
What is Your Digital Family?
Tech has become a vital part of family life. From home working and home learning to staying in touch with friends and relatives, families have been online more than ever. But young people and their parents can find it hard to agree on the right balance, and make the most of what digital offers.
Your Digital Family is a pilot programme created in collaboration between Parent Zone and youth advice service The Mix, with support from Facebook. Together, they have created a fun and engaging quiz event for families who use tech – and want it to work better for them.
Your Digital Family is a quiz event that is hosted online. All a family needs to take part is a device connected to the internet. As well as testing their tech knowledge, the quiz encourages families to share more experiences and improve their communication around digital. In doing so, it helps close the gap between young people and their parents. The quiz is just the start. Your Digital Family offers a range of further activities, to make it the start of a community engagement with families.
Who can host a Your Digital Family event?
It can be hosted by anyone affiliated to the Connection Coalition. They are looking for organisations who will bring creativity and enthusiasm to hosting an online event for the families in their community.
How do I apply to host a quiz event?
Fill in the application form. You’ll need to demonstrate how you’ll make an event appeal to parents and young people – and bring them together to take part.
Who is it for?
The session is aimed at families of parents/carers and secondary school age children.
How do Your Digital Family quiz events work?
- As host, you will deliver a quiz to family teams over a video conferencing platform.
- Families need a device connected to the internet to take part in the online quiz – but we also offer offline resources for families that don’t have access.
- A quiz event lasts around 40-60 minutes.
What you will receive
- £1,000 in grant funding to deliver the quiz event in your community.
- Resources and information to promote and host the event.
- Interactive online training, tech advice and support.
- Follow-up activities and resources to share.
What you will need
- A computer or device to host the quiz night.
- The confidence and enthusiasm to host an online quiz event with multiple families.