A vacant shop at 479 Northumberland Avenue Reading, RG2 8LZ is available to let
In accordance with Reading Borough Council’s Third Sector Premises Policy, the property is being advertised by RVA News. Voluntary and community organisations have until 29 January 2020 to make an offer. Please contact the Property, Estates & Valuation Section of RBC for full details of how to obtain a third sector bidding application, guidance, scoring and accompanying information
- The former Whitley Advice Shop has been fitted out as offices with a main reception office, manager’s office, meeting room, kitchenette and accessible WC within a total internal area of 58.8 square metres.
- The property has a central entrance with 2 display windows within a frontage of 5.4 metres.
- To the rear is a 16 square metres covered yard with gated access.
- Lease: a lease for up to 10 years from the lease completion date is offered. The lease will be excluded from the security of tenure provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 Part II.
- Rent: offers are invited.
- Repairs: the tenant is to take the premises as found and to carry out such works as are necessary for their occupation. The tenant will also be responsible for internal repairs and decoration, shop front and access gate of rear yard.
- Insurance: the building is insured by the council. The annual building insurance premiums will be repayable by the tenant to the council. Contents and third party liability insurance will be the responsibility of the tenant.
- Planning: property has a planning consent for office type uses, however, it is anticipated that consent for other retail uses, compatible with the location, and subject to planning approval would be considered.
- Rates: the property has a rateable value of £7,100.
- VAT is not payable.
- EPC: to follow.
- Legal costs: each party must bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
- Viewings: by appointment only.
Offers – closing date 29 January 2020
- All offers should be submitted to: Property, Estates & Valuation Section, Reading Borough Council, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading, RG1 2LU, email email@example.com or call 0118 937 2600.
- Interested parties, please note: the closing date for offers will be 29 January 2020. Offers after this date will not be considered.
- Offers should include the rent proposed, the length of lease required, and full details of the applicant’s proposed use of the premises.
- Lease Code: you should be aware that the Code of Practice on Commercial Leases in England and Wales strongly recommends you seek professional advice from a qualified surveyor, solicitor or licensed conveyancer before agreeing or signing a business tenancy agreement. The code is available through professional institutions and trade associations or through the website www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk.
Misrepresentation Act 1967
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intended lessees and do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
- All descriptions, dimensions, reference to condition and necessary permissions for use of occupation, and other details are given without responsibility and any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.