The Phoenix Way, led by The Ubele Initiative and supported by Global Fund for Children, is a grant-making initiative aimed at transforming Black and racially minoritised communities. Established in partnership with six Regional Leads and with the support of several new UK funders, including The Youth Endowment Fund and the Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales.
What are the funding priorities?
This first round of funding is open to Black and racially minoritised community organisations working with children and young people at risk of becoming involved in violence that have, or will, suffer disruption to their programmes due to the current inflation and cost of living crisis.
What could the grant be used for?
Funding can be used flexibly to cover core and/or project costs that the cost-of-living crisis has impacted, including rent, utilities, cost of living increases in salaries, equipment, and activities.
Who is eligible to apply?
The Phoenix Fund: Children and Youth Emergency Round supports non-profit groups, organisations or charities that:
- Are led by representatives of Black and racially minoritised communities and work within Black and racially minoritised communities
- Work with participants and communities that are primarily 18 or under and are at high risk of becoming involved in violence
- Have annual operating budgets of up to £150,000 per year
- Are located and work in England
- Need additional financial support due to the Cost of Living Crisis
- Applicants can be registered, unregistered, incorporated, unincorporated, and/or unconstituted or newly formed groups.
You can check out the full eligibility criteria here.
How much can you apply for?
- A total of £1 million is available in this round of funding for one-off emergency grants.
- Grants of up to £20,000 are available.
- Multi-year awards will be provided in future rounds of funding.
How to apply?
- You can apply for funding by clicking on this thephoenixway.evalato.com.
- They have created a video that explains how to use their application platform which you can watch on their YouTube channel.
Is there a deadline?
Applications will be accepted until midnight on 8 May 2023.
Further information and support:
- Link to fund for more details: The Phoenix Way
- If you have any questions about their eligibility criteria, please email: email@example.com
- If you would like further support from RVA with submitting a funding application or any support with governance required for your group to get ready for this funding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0118 937 2273 for free and independent help and advice.