The Earley Charity welcomes applications from individuals who are experiencing difficult circumstances. This may be because of low income or poor health. You can make an application for the purchase of a specific item or service. They do not make grants to:
- pay for general living costs
- pay off debts
- buy floor coverings of any type (unless there are very exceptional circumstances)
- buy non-essential items.
Most applications will be for an amount under £500. However, in particular circumstances the trustees will consider requests for more than this amount.
To be able to apply you must:
- live within The Earley Charity area of benefit (check the map)
- have lived in the area of benefit for at least 6 months (this does not necessarily have to have been at the same address)
- be living in permanent accommodation
- have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
You will not be able to apply if you:
- are planning to move out of the area of benefit
- have been awarded a grant within the last two years
- have received 3 grants in the past.
How to apply
- Request an application form by emailing email@example.com or by completing the enquiry form on the contact us page of their website.
- Complete the application form answering all sections as fully as possible.
- Post your completed application form with all supporting documents to the charity’s office.
- The trustees meet every 3 months. The meetings dates and corresponding closing dates for submission of individual applications can be found on The Earley Charity website.
- Applications must be received by no later than 12 noon on the closing date.