Tesco Community Grants helps to fund thousands of local projects across the country. Since 2016 the scheme has supported over 36,000 community groups with more than £85million in grants. The scheme aims to make a positive difference – because where communities thrive, business and colleagues thrive too.
Tesco Community Grants is a rolling programme and open for applications from charities and community organisations to bid for up to £1,500. Three projects in 575 local communities are voted on by customers in Tesco stores throughout the UK, with projects changing every three months.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from a wide range of organisations including: voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, schools, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies limited by guarantee (CIC’s must have been running for a minimum of two years), community councils, local authorities and housing organisations. Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
What types of project will be considered?
Tesco Community Grants will fund local good causes that focus on supporting children and families. Examples include:
- Breakfast clubs
- Holiday clubs
- Food banks
- Equipment or non-statutory services for nurseries or schools e.g. forest schools, library books
- Equipment for Brownie, Guide or Scout Groups e.g. camping equipment, badges
- Play areas
- Counselling and support services
- Activities to support mental health
- Equipment/kit for sports teams
- Services or equipment to support health issues such as cancer or dementia
- Equipment for village/community halls
Further information, eligibility check and how to apply