YUoR Community Champions is a new student volunteer scheme from the University of Reading, which matches student volunteers to local community organisations in Berkshire. Student volunteers will remotely support community organisations with their technical, digital or admin needs. For example, volunteers can:
- assist with online meeting platforms such as Skype and Zoom;
- write blogs and marketing material;
- help with video and creative content; support the use of social media and messaging systems such as WhatsApp;
- translate key documents and/or help with admin tasks.
Please note, all of the volunteering will be done remotely, over phone and by email, during the coronavirus pandemic.
- If you are a community organisation looking for help, you can read more and complete a short form here.
- If you would like to discuss the scheme, please get in touch with Sarah Gardner and Sally Lloyd-Evans by emailing email@example.com.