The SEGRO Community Fund is part of a three year partnership between SEGRO and Berkshire Community Foundation (BCF) to help tackle barriers to work and education and help local people into employment.The SEGRO Community Fund will tackle barriers to work and support those suffering from disadvantage who require help to get into, or return to, the workplace through skills training, apprenticeships and educational activity to boost their chances of employment. The funding will focus on supporting, but not be exclusive to, young people and those suffering from mental health difficulties, physical disabilities, language barriers or a criminal background.
This Fund will award at least five grants of up to £5,000 and local groups from the Slough, Reading or Bracknell areas are eligible to apply.
Who can apply?
- The funding is for community groups working in the Slough, Reading or Bracknell.
- This fund is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations, including social enterprises and CICs.
- National organisations with local branches (with their own management committee and bank account) can apply.
- New groups that fulfil all the other criteria are welcome to apply.
- National organisations (unless locally led and run)
- Groups not based in Slough, Reading or Bracknell (unless they can demonstrate the beneficiaries are in those areas)
- Medical research or equipment
- Overseas travel/expeditions
- Promotion of religious or political causes
- Statutory work (in educational institutions or replacing statutory funding)
- Capital funding
- Projects benefiting those outside the county
- Retrospective funding
- Organisations that have substantial unrestricted funds
The application process:
- Application forms must be completed online and submitted with governing documents – Constitution, latest Accounts and Safeguarding Policy by the 30 June 2019 in order to be considered by the Grants Panel.
- Applicants will be informed of the Grants Panel decisions in September 2019.