Whether you’re wishing to train up new volunteers or adapting your services to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, it’s important to continue delivering safe activities. To help you deliver training remotely to your staff and volunteers, we have collected some free and heavily subsidised online resources:
- Download SAFE CIC’s top tips for safeguarding during the coronavirus pandemic
- SAFE CIC’s online safeguarding courses for both children and adults’ safeguarding – currently at a reduced price of £6 each (for the first 4 orders).
- NSPCC online training, including safeguarding for trustees
- Free short video on staying safe when volunteering during the Coronavirus
- Reading Borough Council: Safeguarding Core Knowledge Information Sheet This information sheet can be used to train your volunteers via video call or telephone call when the volunteer does not have access to IT equipment to complete online training. It is also a good refresher for all volunteers generally.
- Free short video from the Ann Craft Trust on ‘Safeguarding Adults in the Voluntary Sector’.
- Online safety guidance when delivering digital services
Don’t forget you can continue to access a full range of safeguarding resources in our Knowledgebase, including local key contact numbers. If you have any questions about safe practice, you can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.