Thank you to all those who have completed this survey to help the Advice Service identify the the legal and governance support that Reading charities most need assistance with over the coming months. We will use this information to pull together further resources and support for your charity for the next six months, so if you have yet to complete it please do take ten minutes and let us know how we can help you.
In the meantime, here are some fantastic online training options that are available through national organisations (these are currently free or heavily subsidised due to the pandemic).
Governance, employment and finance webinars
- NCVO webinar recording from 30 April: Governing in a crisis
- NCVO: Making decisions in tough times, 11 June 2pm
- Cranfield Trust: Managing Resilience in difficult times (watch now)
- Cranfield Trust: Cash flow forecasting for charities (watch now)
- Cranfield Trust: Protect your data – cybersecurity essentials (watch now)
- Bates Wells: Coronavirus and your charity: key legal issues to consider (held 25 March, watch on demand)
- Bates Wells: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and volunteering (held 30 March, watch on demand)
- Bates Wells: Key issues for charities in public service delivery, contracts and procurement (held 22 April, watch on demand)
- Bates Wells: Finance and your charity, including solvency (held 7 April, watch on demand)
- ACAS furlough webinars (various live dates, and also on demand)
- ACAS online training (various subjects, watch on demand)
- NCVO online elearning, various subjects (e.g. strategic planning, leadership and more)
- Charity Commission and partners: How to protect your charity from scams during the coronavirus crisis
Managing volunteers webinars
- NCVO webinar: Involving volunteers during the pandemic (held on 5 May 2020)
- NCVO webinar: How to safeguard and involve your volunteers during Coronavirus (held 14 May 2020)
- Red Cross training for volunteers responding to coronavirus (watch now)
We hope these resources help you to stay up to speed on key areas in running your organisation in the absence of our in-person sessions. We are aware that training only goes so far, so if you have specific questions or would like a one-to-one session, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.