New Directions College expect to launch a tender for community learning provision for the academic year 2020-21 onwards (for up to 3 years) in April this year.
The government definition of community learning
The purpose of Community Learning is to develop the skills, confidence, motivation and resilience of adults of different ages and backgrounds in order to:
- progress towards formal learning or employment and/or
- improve their health and well-being, including mental health and/or
- develop stronger communities.
Community Learning is reported under the following four delivery strands
- Personal and Community Development Learning – learning for personal and community development, cultural enrichment, intellectual or creative stimulation and for enjoyment (in most cases not leading to a formal qualification).
- Family English, Maths and Language – learning to improve the English, language and maths skills of parents, carers or guardians and their ability to help their children.
- Wider Family Learning – learning to help different generations of family members to learn together how to support their children’s learning.
- Neighbourhood Learning In Deprived Communities – supports local Voluntary and other third sector organisations to develop their capacity to deliver learning opportunities for the residents of disadvantaged neighbourhoods.
Preparing for the launch of the tender
Ahead of this launch you can prepare by registering on the council’s procurement system; this way you’ll be notified when the tender is launched. Reading Borough Council used an electronic (e-Tendering) system called In-Tend for advertising tenders, contracting opportunities, and as a contracts database.
Registering on In-Tend
- Go to the In-Tend website and complete a short online form to register your details and categorise your company in terms of the goods or services it can provide.
- The In-Tend Portal is free for suppliers to register on and use.
- Support is available via downloadable help guides available or via the In-Tend Help Desk on 0844 2728810 or email@example.com.