The next meeting of Reading’s Health and Wellbeing Board is on Friday 11 October 2019 in the Council Chamber, starting at 2pm. The agenda includes a report on Working in Partnership with Health and Social Care to Support Reading’s Most Vulnerable People. The report, prepared following discussions with a range of voluntary organisations in Reading, seeks to:
- Highlight an increase in the complexity of needs of some of the people supported by local voluntary organisations and the subsequent demand on staff and volunteers.
- Outline developments to improve partnership working between Reading Borough Council, Berkshire West CCG and voluntary organisations to better support people with complex needs.
You can download the full report here.
Other agenda items include:
- Berkshire – a Good Place to Work – the 2019 Director of Public Health’s Annual Report which focuses on workplace health and wellbeing.
- Reading Homeless Health Needs Audit – CCG and Drug and Alcohol Update
- Period poverty – report on proposed actions to tackle the issue of period poverty in Reading.
- Modern Day Slavery Transparency Statement 2019-20 – setting out the policy for Reading Borough Council with regard to Modern Day Slavery.
Reading Voluntary Action is a non-voting member of the Health and Wellbeing Board. If you have comments on the reports, please email email@example.com and I will try to raise them on your behalf.