The Woodland Trust are giving away hundreds of thousands of trees to schools and communities
They are currently taking applications for trees to be delivered in November 2019. Responses to applications may take a few weeks due to current high demand. The scheme is open to:
- Schools across the UK, plus nurseries, colleges, universities and outdoor learning centres
- All kinds of different groups such as resident associations, sports clubs, parish councils, scouts, guides and many more.
Further information for community groups
- You don’t need to belong to an official organisation. You could even set up a group for the purpose of planting, but you must be not-for-profit. The most important thing is that your group is willing to take on the planning, planting and care of the saplings.
- If you’re applying as a community group, the land needs to be accessible to the public. You should also make sure your local community are aware of your plans to plant and are happy for you to go ahead.
- The community involvement needs to be more than just being in sight of a public footpath or an annual open day. We are unlikely to award trees which will be planted on private land such as large gardens or paddocks, unless there is genuine public access.