This is part of the continued partnership between RVA and Coaching Reading to offer free coaching sessions to those who work or volunteer for a charity, voluntary or community group.
Who are Coaching Reading?
Coaching Reading are a group of Reading based coaching professionals and enthusiasts who have come together to share knowledge and ideas, support the community, and to develop and learn. Thanks to the generosity of its members, they are able to provide gift-in-kind coaching support to local individuals and organisations who might not otherwise be able to access it.
What do they offer:
- Match individuals to coaches for one-to-one coaching support over a 3-6 month period
- Share their learning through group events, on topics that include managing career transitions, leadership development, high performing teams and personal growth and development
Benefits of coaching:
Coaching Reading have already completed 80hrs of 1:1 coaching for individuals from 17 charities or groups in Reading
Here is some feedback from previous voluntary and community sector participants:
Coaching has been most helpful in taking the time to reflect; to be offered frameworks and concepts to explore difficult issues.
Coaching has really helped me think more objectively and change the way I approach challenges and overcome them.
I have learnt that I can be assertive and say no sometimes, to put my needs first rather than always being a yes person. Some things can wait, and I don’t always have to do them straight away. This has helped me to prioritise my workload but also help me in my personal life too by giving me a better work life balance.
My coach was brilliant. She really pushed and challenged me to look at myself and assess myself both personally and professionally. She was also very empathetic and supportive throughout the process.
Who can apply for free coaching:
To be eligible for their pro bono support, your organisation will need to deliver services in Reading or its surrounding areas. They will prioritise those who fit most or all of the following criteria:
- You work for a registered charity or non-profit organisation as a staff member or trustee.
- Your organisation serves or champions the needs of diverse communities. It has staff or volunteers from those communities in key roles, or is working towards this.
- You are able to make the time commitment to attend six one-hour online or face-to-face coaching sessions over an agreed period, and to implement the learning between sessions.
- You do not already have coaching support in place.
- Your organisation has limited resources for personal development or training.
How to apply:
If you are interested in taking part, enquire directly through the Coaching Reading website or email email@example.com
This is a rolling opportunity, so you can apply at any time.
We look forward to hearing from you!