Drug Alert issued by Kate Stockdale, the Senior Drug and Alcohol Commissioner at Reading Borough Council
Over the last week in June 2020 there have been deaths within Berkshire, with Reading identified as a hot spot area. The dangerous substance currently being sold in Reading has been identified as contaminated blue tablets containing Flubromazolam reading “DAN 5620”. Photos of the substance can be found in this PDF version of the alert.
Please be aware and take extra care. Take the following steps to reduce the risks:
- Remember mixing drugs and alcohol is potentially fatal.
- Be aware of illicit tablets, claiming to be prescribed medications.
- Buying drugs from a unknown source is a risk.
- Try small dosing/testing unknown substances/supplies.
- Avoid using alone.
- Report any unusual symptoms and seek medical assistance.
- Call 999 if urgent medical assistance is required or you think a overdose is occurring.
Issued 25 June 2020.