Didymus seeks to help and encourage smaller charities who are working in the areas of social inclusion, education, the arts, equality and diversity and religious understanding.
Their aim in all cases is to provide appropriate resources to these charities so that the people they are supporting may flourish. They are particularly committed to supporting those who are have been disadvantaged for whatever reason, and they do this through funding initiatives which build hope and enrichment of life. They aim to enable charities to run projects which they could not otherwise undertake which will help to transform the lives of those they support.
Who can apply?
A UK registered charity that delivers activities or services that meets one of their five goals (see below) applying for £5000 or less.
The charity’s five goals are:
- To encourage social inclusion
- To advance education
- To develop the arts
- To advance equality and diversity by creating opportunities for women
- To promote religious understanding.
Is there a deadline?
Applications for funding may be made at any time. However, applications received within six weeks of a trustee meeting will be considered at the following meeting. Forthcoming meetings and deadlines are:
- Meeting in February 2021 (deadline for applications, noon on 31 December 2020)
- Meeting in June 2021 (deadline for applications, noon on 30 April 2021)
- Meeting in October 2021 (deadline for applications, noon on 31 August 2021)