Cultural Commissioning Year 2 is now open for Stage 1 applications until 25 February 2018.
The funding streams are:
- Elderly Care: £15K for arts, culture and heritage programmes to work with older people, particularly those with long term conditions and in areas of higher deprivation;
- Cultural Short Breaks: £30K to extend the range of cultural breaks provided to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities;
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: £30K (funded in partnership with Berkshire Community Foundation) Using arts, culture and heritage for early intervention, prevention, coping or self-management for mental health conditions and positive wellbeing.
Arts, culture, heritage and voluntary groups are being invited to bid for funding for the second year running, based on how they can help improve the quality of life of Reading residents. Funding is available to organisations to deliver participatory arts, culture and/or heritage community programmes by, with and for Reading residents, particularly those less likely to access cultural opportunities and where engagement could have a significant positive impact on their wellbeing.
The purpose of the fund is to enable arts, culture and heritage organisations to make a step-change in how they work with the voluntary and community sectors and public services to collaboratively contribute to meeting local social objectives. Organisations must bid for the full amount but can work collaboratively together with other groups. Organisations may only enter as a lead organisation against one strand.
Take a look at our previous article on Cultural Commissioning
How to apply
Organisations need to register for the RBC InTend system – this is an online tendering portal. You can register here (please also refer to the slides above on how to use InTend). You will only be able to see the documents and any updates once you are registered on InTend and you have expressed an interest in the relevant funding stream. This is a two stage tendering process:
- Stage 1 is open until 25 February 2019.
- Those successful will be notified and progress to Stage 2.
- Final decisions will be made by the end of May 2019
- Projects to start 1 June 2019.
If you need further information and support you can contact:
- Rebecca from the RBC Cultural Commissioning team: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Herjeet from the RVA Advice Service: email@example.com.
- For support with InTend email firstname.lastname@example.org.