Reading Voluntary Action is pleased to announce this new funding for small community groups in Reading, who are embedded in and providing grass roots support to their communities. We have received £10,000 from Berkshire Community Foundation to distribute in this way and qualifying groups can apply for up to £2,000 each.
RVA values and supports the vital role that small community groups play in our town and this funding is directly targeted to help such groups to strengthen what they are already doing to support those most vulnerable in our town.
We would like to support small community groups who work in any or all of the following ways:
- Run activities that capture the experiences of your community, who are seldom heard ‘around the boardroom table’, to inform local decision-making around their health and wellbeing
- Support your neighbours and communities during lockdown; the easing of lockdown and beyond
- Help your community to access the support they need, when they need it from across the public, voluntary and community sectors.
We recognise that certain communities and groups of people have been adversely affected and are experiencing increased disadvantage due to the impact of Coronavirus, therefore we particularly want to fund groups who are embedded in their community and supporting any of the following groups of people:
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups
- Disabled people and those with long term health conditions
- Older people
- People and families experiencing financial hardship
- People experiencing poor mental health and wellbeing.
Your group will need to fit various criteria, including being based in Reading, having a maximum annual income of £10,000 and having a charity bank account. This funding is not available to social enterprises, businesses, individuals or other profit-making organisations, national organisations or branches. The full list of criteria is in the guidance notes – please read these carefully.
If you need help with applying or have any questions about this funding, please contact Herjeet Randhawa, RVA Advice Worker on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our main number on 0118 937 2273. One-to-one support is available to all small community groups in Reading for support with this application and a meeting can be set up via telephone or Zoom.
For more information and to apply please visit www.rva.org.uk/reading-community-grants.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 24 July 2020.