The Charity Commission has updated its coronavirus guidance for charities. It now includes a section on charitable objects. Many charities can rely on their existing charitable objects to deliver adapted services responding to the coronavirus pandemic in the community, however, charities will need to check their governing documents and update their charitable objects in some cases. Most of Reading’s charities will be set up for the relief of poverty or sickness, which will be sufficient, however, if you are unsure, RVA can help you clarify this.
The guidance also includes
- How do charities obtain support to pay charity staff?
- Can charities use reserves and restricted funds to help the charity through the crisis?
- Can charities postpone or cancel their AGM during the crisis?
- Guidance on video conferencing for trustee meetings
- Keeping people safe
- Reporting to the charity commission
- Filing accounts
- RVA has also prepared a Guide for Community Groups who are delivering new Coronavirus Support services.
- You can also find details of funding available for Coronavirus Support services here.
- If you need support or advice around any of the above, contact email@example.com.