The Charity Commission has updated its guidance for the sector, initially published in March. The format of the guidance has been updated and now contains these following sections:
- Charity objects: objects that allow you to support coronavirus response and when you might need to adapt your objects.
- The government financial support for charities, linking to the Chancellor’s Announcement on 8 April (see our funding page for updates on this funding).
- Using reserves and restricted funds.
- Holding AGMs and other meetings.
- Reporting serious incidents.
- Working with companies and businesses to help with coronavirus, and how to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Updated SORP guidance for charity accounting taking into account potential impact of Covid-19.
For further advice on any of the above and how it might apply in your charity’s situation, please contact email@example.com.