Do you have experience of gambling harms or know someone who does?
Get involved in the creation of a new online performance designed to spread awareness on gambling harm.
Theatre Company Dante or Die is looking for community groups and individuals with experience of gambling harms in Salford, Reading and Medway to contribute to the creation of a new online piece of theatre designed to spread awareness on the issues of problem gambling. Our trained theatre practitioners will deliver free creative community workshops and hold individual conversations with adults with experience of gambling harms for the creation of a new show – Odds On. Through the project participants will have the opportunity to hear other’s stories and share theirs with others. Participants can select for their involvement and contribution to be treated anonymously. Our research has unearthed the degree to which individuals are struggling with compulsive gambling, a situation which has become more urgent due to lockdown. Odds On is a creative response to this urgent situation.
Participants can get involved in the following ways
- Attend free creative theatre workshops using exercises and discussion to explore the themes of gambling harm and contribute to the creation of a new piece of theatre.
- Take part in one-on-one conversations with members of the creative teams either online, on the phone or in person.
- Take part in online questionnaires.
There is also the opportunity for participants to be added to our mailing list where they will receive information on opportunities to take part in future creative projects with Dante or Die. In addition to participating in free creative workshops, and one-on-one conversations participants have the option to be credited as contributors for their involvement, and will also be the first to view prototypes of the new online project, before its public release date.
About Dante or Die
Dante or Die is an award-winning, independent theatre company that has been creating new performances in unexpected places since 2006. You could experience one of our shows in your local leisure centre or café, the self-storage unit down the road, or on your mobile phone. We draw communities into our creative processes involving those with lived experience, academic expertise and community leadership who bring a wide spectrum of knowledge and understanding to the creative process.
How to get involved
- Workshops and conversations will take place locally/online in July 2021.
- The finished digital performance will be finished will be released online in May 2022.
- If you are interested in getting involved, learning more about the project or having an informal chat about the project, email Lucy@danteordie.com or call 07849 084 788.