Over the past week RVA has been working with partners to coordinate support in response to the coronavirus crisis. There has been an overwhelming response from the community – people want to help and over 500 volunteers have registered – but we still face huge challenges and need your help. Thousands of people will be living in isolation for at least the next 12 weeks. Many will be supported by family, friends or their local community, but others will not have that support.
The priority needs are for the delivery of food and supplies, prescriptions and telephone befriending. I know everyone is struggling to maintain support for their service users but does your organisation have capacity to offer additional support to others?
- Can you provide food parcels to people – if so how many people per week?
- Can you provide telephone support for people over the 12 weeks – if so for how many people?
- Do you a helpline open – if so for what?
- Could you provide any of the above if you had funding or additional volunteers – if so how much/many?
- Do you have trained staff or volunteers that could be seconded to other charities for this period?
Please email your responses to email@example.com.