Berkshire Community Foundation (BCF) will be allocating funds to local charities, community and voluntary groups impacted by and working to help people affected by the ongoing Covid-19 crisis in Berkshire. Their aims are:
- To help organisations respond to immediate needs, for instance, supporting those suffering hardship as a result of restrictions to normal activity and their short and long-term economic and social consequences.
- To help stabilise organisations supporting those in need, i.e. short term core cost funds to keep groups and charities afloat.
- To help organisations adapt to the crisis, i.e. through service enhancement and development, the purchase of equipment, enhancement of skills and capacity, or organisational development.
Grants up to a maximum of £5,000 will be considered, subject to funding availability.
Who can apply?
- Charities, community groups or other not-for-profit organisations who are affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Charities, community groups or other not-for-profit organisations who are supporting people affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Small and new groups that are not constituted may apply if they are working with the local CVS, Parish Council or Local Authority. A letter of support or other evidence will need to be provided.
What are the funding priorities?
When reviewing applications, the following is taken into consideration:
- Whether the project matches the fund’s criteria
- The amount of funding received in the previous 12 months
- Project timelines
- Any outstanding monitoring reports for previous grants made
You will need to check that you are eligible to apply by following this link: https://www.berkshirecf.org/who-can-apply/
If your organisation is eligible you can then complete the Eligibility Quiz (see link below). If you meet the criteria of the fund, you will be sent a link to an application form.
Is there a deadline?
10am, Monday 10 May 2021.
Further information, how to apply and eligibility quiz