There’s still time to register as a good cause in time for the public launch of Reading Community Lottery on 28 February 2020
You can register at any time, but to join the other organisations who will be in it from the start, head to the website to make your application: www.readingcommunitylottery.co.uk.
What is Reading Community Lottery?
Reading Community Lottery is a weekly online lottery. Funds raised go to good causes that benefit the communities in the area of Reading. 60p from every £1 ticket goes to local charities and good causes.
How does it work for supporters?
- Each ticket costs £1 per week and consists of six numbers. The more numbers you match in a draw the bigger the prize you win.
- Players choose who their ticket purchase will support. They can either support the Central Fund (funds are distributed to the local community by a committee) or they can choose a specific good cause to support.
- The draw takes place every Saturday night at 8pm. The first draw takes place on Saturday 28 March 2020.
How does it work for good causes?
- Good causes that support Reading Community Lottery get their own page on the site. You keep 50% of all tickets sold through the page.
- Visit www.readingcommunitylottery.co.uk and click ‘Are you a good cause?’ to find out more information and apply online. Applying is easy – it’s all done online and takes a few minutes.
- All you need to do is market the lottery to your supporters – marketing materials are available to download from the site.
If my good cause gets 50p per entry, where does the other 50p go?
10p is used to support other good causes within the area of Reading through the Central Fund. 20p goes to prizes and the remaining 20p is for administration of the lottery and VAT.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please contact Rachel Spencer, RVA Chief Executive, by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0118 937 2273. For updates, follow @ReadingLottery on Twitter or like the Reading Community Lottery page on Facebook.
Reading Community Lottery is run by Gatherwell, an External Lottery Manager, promoted by Reading Voluntary Action and supported by the One Reading partnership. It is a Small Society Lottery licensed by Reading Borough Council (No: LOT000220).