The Small Grants programmes are for not-for-profit organisations applying for grants of up to £10,000 per year and for up to three years. They only fund organisations who can tell them why they are best placed to deliver their work. This means applicants must be able to tell them about:
- Their well-established links with young people
- The skills and expertise they have for the work they are requesting funding for
- Their track record delivering the work they are requesting funding for.
- How they work alongside other organisations in their local community
Who can apply?
All grants are for organisations who:
- Are not-for-profit
- Are based within the UK
- Meet their Minimum Standards for Grantmaking (see link below)
What are the funding priorities?
Children and young people aged 18 years and under experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect.
- Any kind of disability.
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties.
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation.
The work they fund make differences in children’s lives that help prevent or overcome the effects of the disadvantages they face. Funded organisations achieve these differences by either working directly with children or seeking to improve their social and physical environments.
What can the grant be used for?
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the types of applications have been temporarily broadened. They are currently offering funding that can be used more flexibly than usual. Applications are encouraged for:
- Project delivery (Including staffing and salary costs)
- Creative solutions to deliver much needed services
- Organisational costs to support stability and adaptation. (Including the day-to-day running costs of an organisation as opposed to specific project costs)
All applications will have to show how this funding will make a difference to children and young people’s lives during this crisis. An application is not limited to one specific project and a request can be made for organisational running costs. They are committed to supporting voluntary groups with these types of grants.
Is there a deadline?
11.30am on 12 April 2021.
- For guidance and how to apply click here.
- For more information on Minimum Standards for Grantmaking click here.