BBC Children in Need are continuing their commitment to fund organisational costs for groups working with children and young people and delivering positive impact. They are encouraging applications for organisational cost funding to support the day-to-day running costs of delivering your work. They know that this flexibility can be a real help and they are driven to support the sector with these types of grants after the effects of COVID-19.
Their Main and Small Grants programmes are for not-for-profit organisations applying for grants of up to three years.
Main Grants – over £10,000 per year
Small Grants – up to £10,000 per year (applications open 16 August 2021)
Who can apply
All grants are for organisations who:
- Are not-for-profit
- Are based within the UK
- Meet their Minimum Standards for Grantmaking (see link below)
Main grants are for organisations who:
- Are registered with the appropriate regulatory body, such as the Charity Commission or Companies House
What are the funding priorities
They only fund organisations who can say why they are best placed to deliver their work. This means applicants must be able to tell them about:
- Their well-established links with young people
- The skills and expertise they have for the work they are requesting funding for
- Their track record delivering the work they are requesting funding for. This is especially important for applicants for the Main Grants Programme
- How they work alongside other organisations in their local community
They give grants for children and young people aged 18 years and under experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect.
- Any kind of disability.
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties.
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation.
The work they fund make differences in children’s lives that help prevent or overcome the effects of the disadvantages they face. Funded organisations achieve these differences by either working directly with children or seeking to improve their social and physical environments.
What can the grant be used for
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the types of applications that can be accepted have been temporarily broadened.. They are currently offering funding that can be used more flexibly than usual. Applications are encouraged for:
- Project delivery (Including staffing and salary costs)
- Creative solutions to deliver much needed services
- Organisational costs to support stability and adaptation. (Including the day-to-day running costs of an organisation as opposed to specific project costs)
All applications will have to show how this funding will make a difference to children and young people’s lives during this crisis.
Your application is not limited to one specific project and a request can be made for organisational running costs. They are committed to supporting voluntary groups with these types of grants.
Is there a deadline
Main Grants deadline is 11.30am on 23 August 2021
Small Grant applications open on 16 August 2021 (no current deadline listed)