Help our minibus driver collect and take home our clients
Support volunteers needed for Thrive in RG7
This role is to support the mini bus driver as an escort when collecting and taking home Thrive’s clients from various locations across North Hampshire. This is NOT a driving role and is open to individuals who do not hold a driving licence.
- Supervise clients boarding and disembarking the bus (no lifting required)
- Ensuring seat belts are worn by all passengers
- Ensuring baggage is secured before journeys commence
- Become familiar with routes to assist the driver
- General supervision of clients whilst travelling
- Assist the driver and passengers in the event of an emergency
Location address line 1
Beech Hill Road
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Additional timing details
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleGood sense of humourSociablePatientSupportiveWants to get out and about
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Induction and training as required
Description of support
Team meetings, newsletter and from driver and centre staff
Description of expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
7 February 2020