- We need a capable administration volunteer 4 December 2018 AdministrationNuclear Information Service (NIS)
We are seeking a capable administration volunteer who is experienced and confident with:
- basic spreadsheets
- data entry
Tasks may include:
- internet research
- event support
- updating accounts spreadsheets
- updating database contact records
- acknowledging donations
- general assistance with projects
- electronic and hard copy filing
This role would suit someone who is looking to gain further experience or refresh their skills within a small, non profit organisation working towards nuclear disarmament.
- Join our team of festive fundraisers – 22 and 23 / 12/ 2018 29 November 2018 FundraisingAutism BerkshireRG41
Christmas Weekend Volunteers Needed!
Autism Berkshire has been given the opportunity to bag-pack at Sainsbury’s Winnersh on 22nd and 23rd December – one of the busiest and best weekend to fundraise!
We will give shoppers the opportunity to have their bags packed and help with manoeuvring their things to their cars for a donation. All fundraised money from the day will go towards activities that support autistic children and adults living in Berkshire.
The National Autistic Society says that autistic people are 4 times more likely to feel lonely and isolated than others. Our activities and support aim to reduce this feeling and help individuals to connect with sympathetic peers who understand some of the difficulties they may face.
If you are interested in helping the people that we support, please email email@example.com with the times you are available on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd to help or fill in the form: https://goo.gl/forms/nswETduB5nALqEDw2.
Support us this Christmastime – any help is very much appreciated!
- Help support the Board of this fabulous local service by becoming our new Secretary 27 November 2018 Trustee / CommitteeReading’s Talking Newspapers for the Blind (Reading TN)RG1
Could you spare a few hours helping a local charity focused on supporting the blind and visually-impaired community?
Reading’s Talking News needs a Secretary to join its team of Trustees.
You need to be a good note-taker to minute the charity’s meetings and handle the small correspondence we receive.
You would join a small team of Trustees and your commitment would be to attend four quarterly meetings each year and our AGM.
Committee meetings usually take place on a Wednesday evening.
Please do get in touch if you can help
- Do you have accounting experience? Become our Treasurer 27 November 2018 Trustee / CommitteeReading’s Talking Newspapers for the Blind (Reading TN)RG1
Reading’s Talking Newspaper provides a local audio news service for the blind and visually-impaired in the Reading area.
A team of volunteer Producers, Editors and Readers meet each week to record and compile a weekly edition which is distributed to our listeners.
We are a small, friendly local charity helping to keep people informed about what’s going on in Reading and the surrounding areas
RTN is looking for a new Treasurer to join our charity’s committee. Ideally, we are looking for someone with accounting experience who can manage all of the organisation’s finances and assets.
As Treasurer, you would be expected to attend quarterly meetings and provide a simple financial report. You would also present our accounts to our annual general meeting.
- Help plan Reading Town Meal 2019 23 November 2018 Coordination / ProjectsReading Town Meal
Reading Town Meal is a truly community-powered event. First held in 2011, so far there have been six fantastic ‘picnics in the park’ celebrating the delicious fruit and veg that is grown in Reading. All the food is donated by the wonderful growers and allotment holders around Reading, cooked by Reading College students, and served free in Forbury Gardens.
The Town meal is organised by a team of volunteers and we are looking for new members to join that team to help plan Reading Town Meal 2019.
No event planning experience needed just an energy and willingness to get involved. We are especially looking for people to help with volunteer engagement and publicity.
- Could you be a befriender to older patients at Royal Berkshire Hospital ? 22 November 2018 Befriending / VisitingAge UK ReadingRG1
Age UK Reading is offering a service to patients in the older peoples’ wards in the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
The main tasks are:
- visit wards regularly each week
- if appropriate enhance the patient’s quality of life by reading to them, playing cards etc.
- help patients with their belongings, reaching things for them, picking things up from the floor, helping them with bed controls, TV or phone system
- understand and help patients prepare for their discharge from hospital.
There are a number of tasks that the volunteer would not be expected to do:
- personal care, e.g. feeding, dressing, assisting with toilet etc
- administering or advising on use of medications
- heavy lifting
- anything that the volunteer does not feel comfortable with
- Be part of Reading’s Magical Christmas – 8,14 and 22/12 22 November 2018 StewardingReading UK CIC
A whole host of magical events will take place in Reading everyday in the build-up to Christmas.
We are seeking volunteers to act as stewards at three key outdoor shows:
Big Blue & The Plastic Squid 8 and 14 December, 4–7 pm in Station forecourt – Come and meet Reading’s Big Blue whale re-animated during December alongside a giant bioluminescent squid. Find out more about ocean sustainability and answer the call to become a plastic activist.
Naughty Elves and the Snow Show 22 December, 3:30-5:30 pm in Broad Street – The Snow Show spectacular will see performances from Berzerk Productions, The Royal Berkshire Conference Centre’s Sleigh Bells Blings Traditional Christmas Choir, The Snow Queen cast, plus other special guests.
Volunteers will work in teams and duties will include: Helping to set up and clear the performance areas; managing audiences; ensuring safety around the performance area during the event; handing out event flyers; responding to any queries.
Volunteers will receive a full event briefing on arrival on the day. Event tee shirts and high-vis jackets will be issued, but volunteers are urged to dress appropriately for the weather.
There will be additional opportunities to volunteer throughout Advent so if you are interested in getting involved but cannot do these dates, please do still register your interest.
- Help our choir continue to go from strength to strength 21 November 2018 Arts / EntertainmentReadipopRG30
Volunteers make our choir happen!
Moving On is a fun, sociable singing group for anyone aged 60 or above. Over the past few years it has gone from strength to strength and, with the help from volunteers like you, we can keep getting better with age. Moving On relies on volunteers to manage song lists and registers, support performances and of course sing along!
You will have the opportunity to gain experience, meet new people and help a fantastic group get even better. The choir is also part of local music and arts charity Readipop, so there will be plenty of opportunities to gain experience and get involved with music.
- Join our Lunch Club catering team 13 November 2018 CateringStay-Awhile Club (Caversham)RG4
Stay Awhile is a lunch club catering for about 20 guests, mostly elderly people on their own. We would love to recruit cooks to join our existing team, to carry out the following:
To shop for and prepare a 3 course meal (not necessarily all cooked from scratch) for approximately 20 elderly people, about once a month on a rota basis
During the preceding week, buy the ingredients necessary for the meal, and any other supplies as required, keeping receipts
Be prepared to undertake a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene online course (approx 3 – 4 hours)
If you love cooking, helping others and have a Monday morning once a month or so to spare, we would be delighted to hear from you!
- Can you help facilitate a weekly Art and Craft session 12 November 2018 Leading group activitiesSalvation Army (Willow House)RG1
We are looking for someone to facilitate/co-facilitate a weekly Art & Craft session with our residents at Willow House.
The role will involve a once a week (with room to grow) session where our residents will be supported in various art and craft activities.
The ideal candidate for the role will have you an interest in our work and a creative mind to find different ideas for the sessions.
- Looking for an organised volunteer treasurer! 12 November 2018 Trustee / CommitteeAutism Berkshire
Autism Berkshire, the county’s leading autism charity, is looking for volunteer trustees to help oversee its work delivering a wide range of advice, support, training and leisure activities throughout the county.
One key role that needs to be filled is that of Treasurer, so interest from people with financial management expertise would be particularly welcome, along with people who have a personal commitment to making a difference to the lives of individuals and families living with autism.
Flexibility, an enquiring mind and good organisation abilities are also needed.
- Join our lively, friendly Board of Trustees! 9 November 2018 Trustee / CommitteeReading Community Learning Centre (RCLC)RG1
The Centre is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed trustee to ensure the organisation is effectively managed and give time as a volunteer. The Board of Trustees takes collective responsibility for the management of RCLC, a charity and company limited by guarantee.
Our Trustee with a strong HR background needs to step down from that role for family reasons and we are looking for a new trustee with some background in HR. As a small organisation we do not have many HR needs but the board and the Centre Manager have found her advice and support really helpful
You will need to be able to make a commitment of up to 10 meetings per year. As well as devoting the necessary time you will have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your mind. We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse board of trustees and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Reading Community Learning Centre (RCLC) exists to help marginalised women from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds to achieve their individual potential. The majority of the women we support are migrants or refugees who speak little or no English, and often have limited experience outside of the home. No matter what barriers a woman faces we work alongside her as she overcomes obstacles to integration and realising her aspirations. For many women, this includes improving their English, building confidence, making friends, volunteering locally, gaining qualifications or securing a job.
We are a lively friendly Board who are very committed to the Centre.
- Could you create an interactive app? 8 November 2018 IT / ProgrammingShift Youth and Community (SYC)
Are you creative?
Do you have experience of making apps?
We are looking for an app creator who will create an interactive app that will serve our charities members and networks. This volunteering position lasts as long as it takes the person to develop the app and can be flexible around the person’s time commitments.
- Experienced print and web designer needed 8 November 2018 IT / ProgrammingShift Youth and Community (SYC)RG2
We are looking for an Ad Creator.
For this role you will create attractive flyers and social media banners for each of our planned events. They will be versatile, reusable, and the designs will be in line with our branding requirements.
We are looking for someone who has experience designing for print and web, and knows how to create something inviting and attractive to readers and viewers
- We are looking for an Event Marketer 8 November 2018 Marketing / PRShift Youth and Community (SYC)RG2
We are looking for an Event Marketer.
As part of this role you will lead on the marketing for all our major annual events so that they are well attended and the numbers of those aware of us and our events is growing.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable helping people see why they should consider doing, or attending, something they haven’t considered before!
We need a great sales person that people tend to believe and follow.
- Could you be one of our social media story tellers? 8 November 2018 Social mediaShift Youth and Community (SYC)RG2
Are you good at, and enjoy, using social media?
Then why not be one of our social media story tellers?
As a story teller you will collect and share short stories of our work, using interviews of those involved and your own experience of different events. These will be shared on social media, through our mailing list, on our website and at events.
We are looking for a great communicator, who is comfortable with interviewing people, making simple video recordings (using a phone) and comfortable around social media.
- Help us to maintain our CRM database 8 November 2018 AdministrationParenting Special ChildrenRG2
We are looking for someone to assist our Lead Administrator with data entry onto our Client Relationship Management System (CRM) – CharityLog. https://www.charitylog.co.uk/
This will include:
- Entering data about parent/carers who attend our courses and workshops onto CharityLog.
- Entering evaluation and outcomes data (qualitative and quantitative data) onto CharityLog
Administrative tasks will include:
- Maintaining a stock of printed registration & evaluation forms for parenting practitioners.
- Corresponding via email with practitioners to ensure that all paperwork is provided prior to courses and workshops.
- Any other administrative task that may be required to support the parenting team.
- Help visitors to our memory cafe feel welcome 6 November 2018 Reception / Meeting and greetingGrange Memory CafeRG30
The Grange Memory Café will provide a warm welcome and comfortable environment for people with dementia and their carers to meet with others in a relaxed social setting.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with a number of tasks to make sure our Café is a welcoming, comfortable and safe place to be, this will include:
- Prepare and set up at the start of the session.
- Arrive before visitors in order to meet and greet users.
- Maintain a register.
- Write and issue name badges.
- Alert other members of staff of visitors arrival.
- Make users aware of the facilities and activities on offer.
- Prepare light refreshments: tea, coffee and cake etc.
- Tidy and clear up at the end of the session.
- Seeking an Honorary Treasurer to join our skilled Trustee Board 2 November 2018 FinanceAge UK Berkshire
Age UK Berkshire is an independent local charity part of the Age UK Brand. We provide integrated health and wellbeing services for older people across Berkshire. We believe that everyone can love later life – we do this by inspiring, supporting and enabling in a number of ways.
We are currently seeking an Honorary Treasurer to sit on our skilled Trustee board for our countywide charity.
The Honorary Treasurer will contribute to our overall financial skills and management, have extensive knowledge of accountancy and financial management, be able to constructively challenge and actively deliver best practice. We would expect management skills at a senior level, an understanding of the needs of older people in Berkshire, knowledge of strategy and great communication skills.
Board members are expected to attend around 5-6 meetings a year, which last 2-3 hours and are currently held in the afternoons. In addition, trustees act as advisers to staff leads on specific projects related to their areas of special expertise and represent our charity at events and meetings.
Trustees are required to confirm their eligibility to be a Director under UK Charity and Company law.
- Take on this key role within our Management team 2 November 2018 Trustee / CommitteeRidgeline TrustRG6
The Ridgeline Trust help people to learn new skills, regain lost skills and improve mental and physical health in our beautiful garden in East Reading.
We are looking to recruit a volunteer secretary to support the work of the Trustees and the Management and Planning Team
The Secretary is a key member of the Management Team and duties will include:
• In conjunction with the Chair, drawing up agendas for monthly Trustee meetings and any other special meetings including the AGM.
• Sending out invitations to meetings.
• Circulating papers to Trustees and other members of the Management Team in advance of meetings.
• Attending monthly Trustee meetings and taking accurate minutes.
• Submitting draft minutes to Chair for approval and circulating to all members who attended or were entitled to attend.
• Sending out formal invitations to the AGM to Trustees, Members and volunteers.
• Attending the AGM to take minutes.
• Maintaining a file of all meeting agendas, papers and minutes in the Charity’s cloud storage system.
• Sending occasional email updates from the Management Team to staff and volunteers.