Would you like to be part of our Peer Support Team?
Berkshire West Your Way is part of the Together organisation, a national charity that works alongside people with mental health issues on their journey towards independent and fulfilling lives.
Purpose of the Role:
To use your lived experience of mental distress as a way to connect with and support others on their recovery journey.
What you might do as a Peer Support volunteer:
- 1-2-1 support session with clients
- Co-facilitate self-management groups
- Support with delivering training
- Support with peer support interviews
- Community outreach to tell others about peer support
Skills and Qualities:
We are looking for people who are friendly and comfortable about sharing their mental health experiences and able to contribute to being part of the Peer Support team. It’s important that our peer supporters are non-judgemental and open-minded with a willingness to learn and a commitment to their own development and wellbeing.
What does the role offer:
- Free peer support training.
- Regular supervision and team meetings.
- An encouraging and supportive environment.
- On-going training and development.
Read more about Berkshire West Your Way